Thursday, April 13, 2006

Frozen desserts/fruit desserts

We made quite an assortment of desserts today. I made some individual chocolate souffles. I had never made a souffle before, but they were perfect! We served them with a sabayon (sort of a foamy custard sauce flavored with white wine.) Here's a picture before we added the sabayon.


This is a chocolate & peanut butter bombe with a homemade marshmallow and a piece of peanut brittle. I wish I had taken a picture after we cut it open, but we all gobbled it up.


Here is a beautiful frozen dessert. The bottom layer is a tequila-orange granita, topped with a blood orange sorbet and garnished with a grenadine sauce. The sorbet was one of the best things I have ever tasted!


Last, we have a lemon-lime meringue pie, with a brown sugar meringue. Again, I wish I had taken a picture after the pie was cut, but the pie was busy being shoveled into our mouths.

No comments: